Question Tuesday – What Really Drives You?

Hey guys! Yes, I know it’s just January but I was wondering how’s your new resolution or goals coming along?

what-really-drives-you

We all strive daily to accomplish our set of goals while staying focused to the tasks at hand.

However, have you stopped lately to think of what really drives you to keep going? Or what motivates you? Comment and share your tips.

Take a look and see which one(s) you can relate to. Is it …

• Ambition
  • Money
  • Independence- To feel in charge of your own life
  • Security- job security, financial security, peace of mind
  • Status/Power/Prestige
  • Self-esteem/The good feeling you get after getting the task done
  • Opportunity to improve, to grow and become more capable.
  • Self-recognition and respect from others after a job well done.
  • Making a difference/ the feeling you get inside
  • You’re competitive
  • Self Acknowledgement
  • Add on any that I didn’t listed it here.

Let’s face it, we’re humans and the tasks we set out to accomplish requires work. Work can be demanding and it’s not surprising that we sometimes abandon it for something that is less challenging or something that seems to be more fun. When that happens, take a quick break and refuel once you’re back on track.

I’ll close with this quote “One of the strongest characteristics of genius is the power of lighting its own fire.” – John W Foster

Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post and help you find what really drives you?

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog. I hope to see you all again on my next post. Bye!

1. many things drive me, some of which include children and finance. What drives me depends on what I am specifically doing.

2. Independence is the biggest for me. I love being able to financially pull my weight

3. Saidah says:

This is a great list of things to get people to reflect on.

4. Our Family World says:

Self-esteem and independence, are what make really drives me.

5. I think I’ve become a lot less competitive in my old age. Realizing that life is short I try and focus on enjoying my family. They drive me.

6. For me, my kids are what drives me to go after my goals. I want to show them that working for the things you want in life pays off!

7. Julie Porter says:

My family and my personal growth are what drives me. I also enjoy the freedom and independence that I experience from doing what I do and love that it allows me to travel with my husband when he needs to work out of state.

8. kaitr27 says:

Very thought provoking! I guess what drives me is the need to feel like I have made a difference. I want to know that what I have done has helped others in some way.

9. Kelly Reci says:

my ambition drives me to keep going up! I have a dream for my family and I want to meet my goal set for this year!

10. Interesting way to think about things/life. It is easy to go for the not so hard tasks, but it is the harder ones that always prove to be more meaningful.

11. Elizabeth O. says:

It would be nice to make a difference with the people that you meet. But mostly, my ambition drives me to do better with my work and life in general.

12. Rosey says:

Responsibility drives me. I’ve become the sole provider of the house, my kids depend on me to pay the bills. That is my biggest motivator.

13. Lisa Rios says:

I always love to be independent anytime & I always look for any opportunity that could help me grow better. And being a mom of two, responsibility is something drives me so much to make sure all is well!