Blogtober* Book Of The Week

Hi guys, today I’ll be sharing with you an extraordinary blog post I haven’t written before. But hey, if you continue reading- chances are there is extraordinary in the ordinary.

Everyone knows who Oprah Winfrey is. Unless you’re a big fan, though, you may not have heard of a book she has written, called What I Know For Sure. I used to watch her TV Show and I must admit that I really like and admire her for example her fortitude, her charisma and the way she carry herself.

I saw this book and thought, meh, why not? And let me tell you, I was not disappointed.

14733455_1826462870900622_4179900947431948288_n

As I was spending my weekend catching up with my reading with this book on hand “What I know For Sure” by Oprah Winfrey, all the emotion from each essay  struck right to the core of my being. It was emotional and yet empowering. It’s a great book to have by your bedside. Pick it up or put it down.

Today, I’m going to share a few phrases of her essay that speaks the most to me.

What I know for sure is that giving yourself time to just be is essential to fulfilling yourself as a human being. So, I give myself Sundays. I’ll be in pajamas all day or go to church. Most times, I just do nothing and let my brain and body decompress.

What I know for sure is that I hope you aren’t s wrapped up with the non-essentials stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself, because this moment is about to be over. I hope you’ll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every one count. When you get the chance to sit it out or to dance, I hope you dance.

I know for sure – if you make time for a little gratitude every day, you’ll be amazed by the results.

After reading her book, if you’re anything like me, it’ll have you asking yourself a lot of questions. Am I falling into the same traps? Am I truly happy, or am I lying to myself? Is my life heading in the right direction?

Really, it made me ask myself whether I am being completely true to myself.

Me: What I know for sure that time waits for no one. Get up, keep moving. Full speed ahead. When I look myself in the mirror, the reflection of a young girl is no more. The one standing is a middle age woman staring back. “As I reached another milestone in humility, utmost thanksgiving and joy. Knowing for sure that grace has brought be safe this far and grace will lead me home”.

I’m not going to spoil it for you guys, so, it’s better if you read this book yourself. What I want you to know is that it’s more blessed to give than to receive. I think it’s also a lot of more fun. I’m sure many of you could relate. Nothing makes me happier than a gift well given and joyfully accepted. I give as I feel.

As this post comes to an end… I want you to do the same and start giving.

Now, are you blessed? What do you know for sure? Tell me what’s your highest achievement? Share your thoughts in the comment section. I love to read your answers.

Many thanks to all who have stick around and my heartfelt gratitude for the encouragements and inspiring comments that keeps me going. I truly appreciate that.

I really hope you enjoyed reading this post and I can’t wait to see you again on the next one. Bye!

This book is available on Amazon and bookstores worldwide.

Snapchat – add me

14032919_771324069675380_777222773_n

1. This is beautiful – and yes I will be reading her book now
    I was just look at where I live and our family lives – so grateful for the joy and love we have – this compared to where I came from. Thank you for such a wonderful post

2. I love new books and reading. So empoewering to the mind. I can already tell just by the quote that this is a great read which I would love to indulge in. Happy reading. Thank you for sharing!

3. Mushi Dreams says:

I have read this book too and I picked it up from when Oprah visited my home city for her “The Life You Want” tour. It was AMAZING. I love Oprah, I loved this book, and I absolutely love life.

xoxo

4. Oprah is such a motivational icon and I love what she contributes to society. This book sounds like a very great read I will certainly give it a look 🙂 Giving yourself a day to yourself is important and I personally do one called “Self-Care Sundays” 🙂

5. Mihaela Echols says:

I agree if you have a little extra time, money or materials why not spread it out a bit to bless those around us.

6. Amber says:

Oprah has a lot of great things. I need to check out this book.

7. Shining Thoughts Blog says:

Going to have to make this purchase, I have been looking for a good book to read

8. crystal says:

This sounds like a book I need to add to me growing collection of too read

9. I know my highest achievement hasn’t happened yet, but graduating from college was a big one for me. I appreciate books that make you re-examine your life in a positive aspect. I appreciate the little things more, I work towards being a light for other people. I make sure I have me-time for myself, to re-charge. Contentment has been essential during my current season and I am grateful for that.

10. Vyjay Rao says:

Oprah Winfrey is an inspiration and a role model. I have not read her book, but am inspired by the phrases that you have featured in this post. I will definitely like to read the book.

11. Oprah is an inspiration and reminds us all of what is possible in our own lives. I am definitely going to check this out.

12. erinconefrey says:

I love Oprah! 🙂 I will have to check out this book! – Erin at http://www.stayathomeyogi.com

13. I have not seen this book from Oprah before!!! This sounds like a great book to read, she is an amazing motivator!

14. nlampert says:

This sounds like a really inspirational book, I’ll have to check it out!

15. lipstickandpuppykisses says:

Sounds like a good book! Great post!

16. One of my all time fav reads. I have mentioned it in a few round up posts because its such a great book!

17. I love to find new books to read and this sounds like an inspirational book to pick up. I will definitely have to check it out.

18. I’m a book lover and thankful to find this out. I love inspirational book and I know I will learn a lot in this! Thank you for sharing. I would love to have this bool as soon as possible. 🙂

19. Looking forward to read this and I know i will learn much and get some inspirational words. 🙂

20. It is definitely good to reflect. And I totally get the mirror thing. Theres a middle age woman looking at me from mine too. 😉

21. toughcookiemommy says:

I’ve been llo wing Oprah since her early days as a talk show host. She has always had a way with words that would touch me .

22. Lisa Rios says:

I am a big fan of Oprah Winfrey and she is such a great inspiration to many women around. What I Know For Sure sounds like an amazing book and I am sure this is going to be a great read!

23. I have this book and love it. I’ve been an oprah fan for so long. How could I not buy it.

24. Jojo Vito says:

I am a fan of Ophrah.Quite a number of Filipinos were given a chance in her show and was given a very good exposure 🙂

25. Eliz Heart says:

Yes, I have a copy of that precious book of wisdom on my bedside table, and that is why I can’t wait for Oprah to write her biography… one day she will. 🙂

26. I’ve always loved her and I look up to her as well. It would be nice to have a copy of this book at home! I would love to read it this season!

27. Thanks so much for this review, I was curious about this book and now I really feel compelled to read it.

28. Wow, I had no clue Oprah wrote a book. Her words of wisdom sound great considering how much she has accomplished in her life. I may have to add this to my list of books to read.

29. Ursula Ball says:

I enjoyed your review of this latest Oprah book esp the quote above…can’t wait to read it myself! 🙂

Ursula