Chinese New Year – NO Monkey Business : Mac Cosmetics

Year of the monkey, Chinese New Year is February 8th 2016.

Let’s talk about “imagination, creativity and identity”.

12534273_777324975707113_1705394270_n

by Mac

Mac Cosmetics had recently introduced their 2016 collection which was inspired by Chinese Opera. Chris Chang puts a twist to Mac Collection featuring a vivid cutting edge color which I personally find them lively and stunning.

chinese opera

by source

Brings my memory back to when I was little girl watching the Chinese Opera playing on stage. The elaborate costumes and makeup of the actresses, so bright, vibrant coupled with music and dance. And with Mac launching their newest 2016  collection, that’s so cool.

chinese opera 2

by source

One of the female opera actress with full makeup and costume. Look at the headdress, I want to try wearing it. But you know me, I look horrible, ya I know, I know (bahaha!)). I should stop pretending to imagine that I’ll look like them.

chinese oera 1

by source

History: I’m no historian but I got this from my google search and share it here:

“Kun opera orKunqu Opera, is one of the oldest extant forms of Chinese opera. It evolved from the Kunshan melody, and dominated Chinese theater from the 16th to the 18th centuries. The style originated in the Wu cultural area.”

Now, now! Who needs this in your collection? Don’t forget to leave your comments in the comment section.

Happy Chinese New Year to all friends who celebrate this special tradition, old and young, near or far! 😀

Happy-Chinese-New-Year-2016

by source

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Hope to see you in the next one!

Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on all other social network to connect

SOCIAL NETWORK

1. neversaydiebeauty says:

I am so in love with the packaging from this collection. I want some! We just saw Turandot, the Italian opera inspired by fairy tales and Chinese opera, again on Saturday. The costumes and scenery were almost as beautiful as the music. Love this!

2. stashmatters says:

Oooh that compact is gorgeous! I’m sure a lot of people will buy it for the packaging alone! 😛
    I used to watch Chinese opera when I was young, it’s too shrill for me now though. I do love the makeup and costumes – so vibrant!

3. Ursula Ball says:

Such rich and vibrant colors from MAC and I want to see Chinese opera now!

Ursula

• I know right! They’re so colorful and vibrant, not to mention cute packaging. I don’t understand the singing but just enjoy the costumes and action. Beijing opera is supposedly very popular.

4. Oooooh love the packaging and colors!!

5. meganteee says:

MAC hasn’t had any interesting collections in a long time- this one looks very fun! Great post 🙂

6. heyitskaysways says:

I’m excited about this upcoming release from MAC. That compact is everything and I’m loving the shades that will be available. The makeup & costumes of the Chinese operas are always gorgeous, great inspiration for the collection

7. I love the vibrant and powerful colors form MAC and your post is full of interesting info and beautiful colors 🙂

8. The colours are definitely cutting edge. I wonder what the yellow and Aqua lipsticks look like on. Love the casing too it’s nice to use as part of your bedroom or bathroom decor

9. ingrid says:

I think I would buy some items for the packaging alone !!! Really BEAUTIFUL 🙂

10. I want all of these items they are just so pretty. I thinking actually being a monkey might help me justify it

11. The packaging of this collection is absolutely eye catching and I want it all. These are too hard to resist.

12. farinvazquez says:

The packaging is crazy! Love it just for that 🙂

Farin

13. I remember watching Chinese Opera (or rather noticing it on tele when my gran had it on!) – vibrant colours and music. Kung Hei Fat Choy!