Okay, I got to put this put for all my friends here that some of you may know that I’m no beauty artist by profession but I love talking about beauty and obsessed with makeup.
Winged Line has got to the most unpredictable thing in makeup. You never know what shape you’ll end up with. One wrong move & you’ll have to think of ways to make it look right. I thought I’d share with you how I’ve been doing mine, because I think it’s almost mistake-proof. I’ve received many compliments from friends who commented on my winged liner over the past few posts. I wanted to express my thanks, you know who you are. This is how Winged Eyeliner for Beginners 101 begins.
This post is for anyone and everyone who wants to learn how to do a winged liner. Doing a winged liner is pretty tricky at first but once you’ve mastered it, it’ll come to you naturally.
By the way, this is how I lined my eyes in the Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen. It’s a sample product which I received from my August Ipsy Glam Bag. You can use any liquid eyeliner pen for that matter.
So, here’s a step-by-step tutorial:
- Apply eyeshadow on lid. Here I used a pink fuchsia shade on lid and purple on the crease. Start by using the eyeliner to draw a thin line on the outer corner as shown on picture on the far right. Like so.
- Then lining from center of lid towards the outer corner, stop after drawing 1/2 ” or so- as shown.
- Continue to line straight out. Make sure the end doesn’t exceed the end of your eyebrow tail.
- Now join from the outer end and bring it into the middle lash line of your eye.
- Line the rest of your eye starting from center to the inner corner. Try to make it thinner as it goes in.
- Time to fill inside the lines now& tightline the inner part of your eye now, so there’s no visible gaps.
It’s up to you whether you want to line the lower lash line or not. I prefer not to do it. Lastly, I applied mascara on top & bottom lashes. But if you like, continue with your favorite falsies. Et voila! Hope this helps.
Quote taken from Melt Cosmetics “If you can handle liquid liner. You can handle anything life throws at you”.
What do you think of this winged eyeliner tutorial. Is this helpful. I love to hear your comments.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read.
You can join me on facebook, twitter, instagram and bloglovin’ ❤