How To Use The Primary Colors To Come Up With Any Makeup Look – Pt 3

makeup for eye makeup look

As seen red eye shadow can be used as a winked eye liner to achieve the above results.

You can always pulls it off perfectly somehow, without looking over-the-top. Red is not such a fiery color to wear.

I think fair skin and dark hair might be key!

red eye makeup primary color

Forget everything you heard about red shadow and embrace these facts:

1. Red makes the whites of your eyes whiter and brighter
  2. Skin appears more even and redness is reduced
  3. Red eye shadow is different. Your makeup is guaranteed to stand out of the crowd, duh!

red shadow eye makeup

To make red eye shadow work, I made sure to mix it with a bit of burgundy and purple in the crease and accent with silver in the inner corner. The result is very edgy, particularly when you paired with red lips.

Thank you so much for reading. See you next time!

1. Kaily says:

I loveeeeee red eyeshadow! I’ve never understood why it was a no-no, because I feel it makes my eyes look brighter too!

2. Really pretty! Thanks for sharing. xx VAL wildflowersandcurls.com

3. neversaydiebeauty says:

You are rockin’ that red, Sharon! It does look great. I have worn a red-orange shade usually in the fall, but I have red eyelids from blepharitis so I’m not usually eager to create a red look, lol. But I have a fall sweater that I think looks good with the red shadow

• Awe thank you Allison for your lovely comment. Red ia s classical color which somehow went under the radar in my opinion. I’m sure red and orange goes on together very well with a hint of brown for fall. xx

4. Ginger Snapz says:

I’ve definitely used red eye shadown in the past! I think the key to not put it under your eyes, that can make you look drained. Otherwise, Ive used it before and I love it! I like to use it especially for Canada Day haha.

• That’s so nice to hear that I”m not the only one who loves red shadows but many of you 🙂 That’s so true to wear red for Canada’s Day and may I suggest also Red and Blue for 4th of July, Yahoo!! Thanks for your comment, hun! xo

5. tessgalen says:

I think burgundy shadow can look really pretty in the fall. It’s nice to try new colors!

6. I really enjoy red shadows. I recently bought a palette just for the red. I also borrowed a friends limecrime Venus palette which is full of deep reds. Gorgeous! Too bad linecrime has such s horrible rep now.

7. plus+beauty27 says:

Really pretty Sharon! It looks great on you! 🙂 xo

8. Tee Joe says:

Okay! this is different in a good way and it certainly looks lovely on you. Red eye shadow is one I would not have thought of. Great post.

• Yes, I did two posts of the primary colors and red is one of them. I feel that red can be worn for any occasion and season. You really have to try this shade. It’s pretty 🙂

9. ingrid says:

I will try it but in my days of . (I think I’m afraid!!!)🙏 Looks good on you because RED is so your color 😉