Question Tuesday|Eyeshadow or Eyeliner First?

by source

by source

Hey gorgeous! Happy Tuesday to all of you. Since you’re already here, might as well let’s jump straight onto this week’s Question Tuesday.

It’s a beauty related question and I want you to think carefully on this one when answering. Well, there is no right or wrong answer but mostly depending on your personal style.

Q:  Do you apply your eyeshadow or eyeliner first? Please explain why on the comment section below.

A: I for one apply eyeshadow before my eyeliner. For me, it’s more like a finishing touch and I don’t have to worry that the formula gets onto my eyeliner.

What do you think of this question? I love to hear all of your comments.

Thank you so much for participating and for stopping by ❤

1. almayerich says:

I always apply eyeshadow first! I like a nice black line without the hassle of going back in and fixing it after getting eyeshadow on top of my eyeliner (I get pretty messy blending like a mad woman). I agree, its like a finishing touch.

2. violetblu26 says:

Eyeshadow first, for the same reason. Putting on the eyeliner AFTER the eyeshadow makes the liner more opaque!

Liked by 2 people

3. Lauren says:

Eyeshadow first so the eyeshadow doesn’t ruin the eyeliner!

4. stashmatters says:

I’m like you, I apply eye shadow first then eyeliner. But then, I always apply eye shadow on top of the liner to soften the line and also help the liner stay on better.

5. Silksachet says:

definitely eyeshadow first….the eyeliner is indeed supposed to be the finishing touch

Liked by 2 people

6. Kaily says:

Lately I haven’t been using liner! But when I do, I always apply it AFTER. The reason why is so my eyeshadow doesn’t get all over my liner and make it disappear or look patchy. And just cause we’re on the topic, I do: eyeshadow then liner, then mascara 🙂

Liked by 2 people

7. I always do my shadow first and then liner. Otherwise I can’t see the line and I do like dark liners. Usually I use liquid liner and I love to wing it out. Stila makes a great pen!

8. That’s a good answer! I do the same too.Thanks for your comment Janine! xo

9. Tee Joe says:

Eyeshadow first. Otherwise I would have shadow over my liner. I don’t have the steadiest hand.

10. byecomparison says:

This is so interesting to me. I don’t use either and never even thought about which to apply first/last! I need some lessons! 🙂

11. I apply eyeshadow first, I feel the same way as you! 🙂 I don’t think i have the skill it would take to apply shadow without smudging my liner. lol

12. ingrid says:

ALWAYS eyeshadows first !!! Does someone apply liners first ?!? 😀

13. Haha this is such an interesting question. When I was just starting to experiment with liquid eyeliner a couple years ago, I definitely got into the habit of applying it before eye shadow because in many instances the line would look funny and I would need to reapply. Now that I’m used to that kind of application method, I do it after my eye shadow (if I wear shadow, which is only 50% of the time) 🙂

• There is no right or wrong in makeup application. It’s more of a habit and what eye makeup you want to create that day. It seems like a majority of us did eyeshadow then eyeliner.Somehow it becomes the norm. Thanks for your comment 🙂 xo