I cannot say this for many bloggers but this is how I feel right now 😦 Maybe, some of you had experienced it before while some of you are like me getting this burnout symptoms that is just demotivating. Today, I’m going to talk on something non-beauty related post but focusing on the main topic of productivity blogging vs burnout. I read an article recently on how bloggers have burnout and it seems common when you set your productivity level too high. So, then what is productivity actually means:-
PRODUCTIVITY = is an average measure of the efficiency of production (taken from wikipedia).
Okay let’s all face this, if your idea of productivity simply means you check email from your bed, working until you crash the sofa or have the to-do list like there’s no tomorrow well, honestly speaking – you’re not alone. We’ve all been there and sometimes still feel it. Well, the definition of what you do is called productivity burnout.
So, how do you enhance productivity? Here are 5 methods you could try:-
1) PRIORITISE – You know that there is no way that your to-do list is both urgent and important. Do you know which tasks to cross out? So, do what is important and urgent first. Because those are the ones that propel your business and life forward. Laundry could be urgent but not an important one.
2) YOU ALWAYS COMES FIRST – love yourself first. You are your own investor and keeping a healthy and happy life is important. Do you know what is the most important thing in your blog that couldn’t exist without? It’s YOU! Your blog is done for, if you stop having brilliant ideas, or if you stop being creative and if you’re too tired to generate value or growth to your blog.
3) SET RULES AND FOLLOW THEM – we’re all guilty of this charge one way or another. But you need to discipline yourself to set rules that are realistics. Nobody knows you better than yourself so my rules includes No work during lunch break, getting away from the screen at least every 1 hour, stop and walk away if my brain is too tired to think and no typing when I’m skyping or while talking on the phone.
4) CHOOSE BETWEEN QUALITY THAN QUANTITY – I’ve experience in this field (remember my daily post) and boy you have to listen to this advice well. I’ve learned over time that it doesn’t matter how many posts you write in one evening if they’re all crap because you are too tired to even think. Best advise is to take time off or walk away from your computer screen and return with fresh and relaxed mind. It works for me 🙂
5) SIT DOWN AND MEDITATE – if you feel the wave of anxiety or already feeling the burnout, one thing to do is stop everything, take a break, sit down and meditate for a good 10-15 minutes. Meditation will increase energy level and it helps clear your mind and anxiety or even stress.
This is not my usual blog post but since I’m sort of experiencing this burnout first hand, I thought of sharing how my productivity can cause burnout. I’m not ashamed to admit it. It’s no fun to be stressed but there’s help. I hope these few methods help when you needed as you walk forward towards your goal 🙂
I want to know if you have felt burnout? What does productivity mean to you? Leave your opinion in the comment section below. I love to hear from you.
If you like to read more of this similar post which is non-beauty related, don’t forget to comment the topic you like me to do next 🙂
So, thank you so very much for taking the time to read.
Note: The pictures above are not mine.